While health and cleanliness of your restaurant has always been important, recent events have all of us reviewing policies and procedures. We've complied a list of best-practices for cleaning POS equipment.
A CDC-recommended disinfectant is an alcohol solution consisting of 70% isopropyl alcohol and 30% water.
Please follow the steps below to use the CDC recommended alcohol solution to clean high-touch, external surfaces on POS products:
- Wear disposable gloves made of latex (or nitrile gloves if you are latex-sensitive) when cleaning and disinfecting surfaces.
- Turn off the device and disconnect AC power. Be sure to properly shut-down the device as opposed to just unplugging it.
- Disconnect any external devices.
- Moisten a microfiber cloth with a mixture of 70% isopropyl alcohol / 30% water. Do not use fibrous materials, such as paper towels or toilet paper. The cloth should be moist, but not dripping wet.
- Do not spray any liquids directly onto the product.
- Gently wipe the moistened cloth on the surfaces to be cleaned. Do not allow any moisture to drip into areas like keyboards, display panels or USB ports, as moisture entering the inside of an electronic product can cause extensive damage to the product.
- Ensure surfaces have completely air-dried before turning the device on after cleaning. No moisture should be visible on the surfaces of the product before it is powered on.
- After disinfecting, if a display screen shows streaking, you may then clean with an office glass cleaner sprayed onto a clean rag.
- Gloves should be discarded after each cleaning. Clean hands immediately afterwards.
Cervion is a point of sale provider with offices in New York, Pennsylvania, and South Florida. Founded in 1996, with over 20 years of experience, Cervion is one of the leading restaurant focused VAR (value based resellers). Cervion provides local sales and service for modern, tablet-based point of sale systems, and affordable As A Service plans for new and existing restaurants. For more information, please call (877) 476-7246 or email email@example.com.